Sunday, March 29, 2009

Tha Carter III- Lil Wayne

The most anticipated album of 2008, Tha Carter III, sold 1,005,545 in it's first week alone. Even after the whole album basically leaked. All this hype got me wondering, "What is so good about this CD? There must be something good if it did that well." So I gave it a listen, the first song "3 Peat" is amazing. I'm still addicted and I was ready for an amazing CD. However, none of the songs on the CD are like "3 Peat" and song after song I got even more disappointed. The beats aren't anything like "3 Peat" but are more singing as the beats. I will cut the album a little slack because there are a few good songs, but it's the songs he released on the radio so there was nothing new for me to enjoy but "3 Peat". My hopes were probably set to high, but what do you expect when you hear someone has sold over a million copies in one week. His popular songs definatly made me think his sound was way different then what is shown on Tha Carter III. They fooled me.
Highlights: 3 Peat, A Millie, Got Money, Lollipop

Verdict:
DENY.

No comments:

Post a Comment