Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Dream- In This Moment


One of my favorite metalcore bands is In This Moment, their first CD "Beautiful Tragedy" was amazing so when I heard they had a new album coming out I was very excited! I love their single for the album "Forever" radio friendly and catchy. However, I got the CD and my precious little metalcore band went soft. About 95% of the album is all singing, which is fine and dandy but that's not why I love In This Moment. I love In This Moment for Maria's (lead singer) vocals and screams. A thing I miss most are the power breakdowns found in their first album especially "Daddy's Falling Angel" I could find anyother female fronted alternative band and In This Moment would fit right in, they became generic. I loved the fact that people were shocked when this petite blonde busted out the full on metal vocals. I hope they return back to their metal roots on their next album, then maybe I'll buy it.
Highlights: Forever, The Great Divide, Her Kiss
If you like alternative rock with female vocals this album might work for you but it's not what I wanted from In This Moment.



For me this album is
DENIED.

Try their debut, if you like a harder sound.








No comments:

Post a Comment