Saturday, March 28, 2009

In A Perfect World- Keri Hilson

Keri Hilson, singer-songwriter, has been writing songs for your favorite artists for some time now including, Gimme More by Britney Spears, Wait A Minute by Pussycat Dolls, and Runaway Love by Ludacris to name a few. Now it's Ms. Hilson's turn at stardom. Her debut album faced some pushbacks but finally released March 24th. The album starts out with a rythmic Intro that definatly creates excitment and antecipation for the album and is a perfect opener for her hit "Turnin Me On" ft Lil Wayne. If you haven't heard this song it is very radio friendly, catchy, and fun song. Keri keeps the hits coming with "Get Your Money Up" ft Trina and Keyshia Cole. I am a fan of both these ladies so I was very excited to see how the song will turn out. And it definatly didn't disappoint. Very dance and sing worthy. Next is my LEAST favorite from the whole album, "Return The Favor" ft Timberland. I wasn't surprised when I didn't like it because I'm not a fan of Timberland's unorigonality. The song isn't even catchy or fun. Bad choice. My favorite song at the moment is "Knock You Down" ft. Kayne West and Ne-Yo. Awesome lyrics, catchy, and great featured artists (Even though I don't like Kayne he did well on this song). The song is perfect for those who sing in the shower (And who doesn't?). This album is definatly slower than I expected but it did not disappoint. Keri Hilson's writing is very good and she earns kudos for writing all but 2 songs on the album. She knows how to balance fun with good lyrics, which is a rarity in modern day R&B and Rap.

Best Lyrics:

Change Me ft. Akon


Catchiest:
Energy


Danceable:
Get Your Money Up ft Trina and Keyshia Cole

And the verdict:
BUY.





No comments:

Post a Comment